Plus1 is delighted to present Mel Parsons and Greg Johnson alongside their super-talented hybrid band featuring Ted Brown, Josh Logan and Jed Parsons.
For Mel, 2017 has been a busy year of touring here, Australia and around Europe in support of her much acclaimed third album Drylands. She’s looking forward to wrapping up the year with this national tour, her first with Greg.
“We’re going to have great fun with each others songs. Touring our country on the cusp of summer with Greg and a great band – bring it on!”
Says California-based Greg: “I met Mel when she opened for me in Queenstown in 2011. She impressed me a lot as a wonderful songwriter and since then she’s gone from strength to strength building an audience all around the world.
“I’m sure my crowd and hers will cross over a fair bit, while the uninitiated are in for a great night of discovery”.
Greg’s forthcoming EP Low Frequency Word will be released prior to the tour and be available on CD at the shows.
Expect plenty of songwriting gems from the pair responsible for the likes of "Save Yourself", "I Won’t Let You Down", "Isabelle", "Far Away", "Don’t Wait Another Day", "Get Out Alive", "Now The Sun Is Out", and many many more.
• Thurs 9 November: The Vic, Devonport
• Fri 10 November: Tuning Fork, Auckland
• Sun 12 November – matinee: St Peters Hall, Paekakariki
• Sun 12 November – evening: Meow, Wellington
• Wed 15 November: Sherwood, Queenstown
• Thurs 16 November: The Cook, Dunedin
• Fri 17 November: Blue Smoke, Christchurch
• Sat 18 November: Naval Pt Yacht Club, Lyttleton
• Fri 24 November: Totara St, Tauranga / Mount Maunganui
• Sat 25 November: Haumoana Hall, Hawkes Bay
• Sun 26 November: Nivara Lounge, Hamilton.